Google AI Studio Starter Tier does not appear when publishing even though the account is Free Tier and has no Billing Account

Hello Google AI Studio team,

I am using Google AI Studio Build Mode with a personal Google account.

I created a full-stack application in Google AI Studio. The application works correctly in the AI Studio preview.

However, when I try to publish the application, the “Confirm project and billing” screen only shows:

  • Default Gemini Project
  • No billing setup
  • Set up billing
  • Refresh

The Google Cloud Starter Tier publishing option does not appear.

I have already refreshed the page, but the Starter Tier option still does not appear.

I checked my Google AI Studio account and project:

  • Project: Default Gemini Project
  • Billing tier: Free tier
  • Billing account: No billing account
  • API usage: Free tier
  • Project created: September 25, 2026

I do not want to enable paid Google Cloud Billing or add a payment method just to publish my application.

Could you please check:

  1. Whether my account is eligible for the Google Cloud Starter Tier.
  2. Whether the Starter Tier publishing entitlement has been provisioned for my account.
  3. Whether there is currently an issue preventing the Starter Tier option from appearing.
  4. Whether any action is required on my account to make the Starter Tier publishing option available.

I have attached screenshots showing my Free Tier project, No billing account status, and the Publish screen.

Thank you.

Hello

Not all accounts are eligible for The Starter Tier.
Please check out the caveats mentioned in the Google AI Studio deployment documentation. Eligibility is determined automatically, and we cannot review Starter Tier access manually. You might want to consider linking a Cloud Billing account to your project.