Antigravity IDE Access Issue – Active Google AI Pro Subscription

Dear Google Antigravity Support Team,

I am experiencing an issue while signing in to Google Antigravity IDE, despite having an active Google AI Pro subscription associated with my personal Gmail account.

Previously, I was able to use Antigravity IDE without any issues. However, recently, when I open the IDE, I encounter the following error message:

“There was an unexpected issue setting up your account. Your account is not eligible for Gemini Code Assist for individuals at this time.”

I am using my personal Gmail account, and my Google AI Pro subscription is active. Since I was previously able to access Antigravity using the same account, I am unsure why I am now encountering this restriction.

I have tried signing in again, but the issue persists. This is affecting my development workflow and ongoing academic projects.

Could you please investigate my account’s eligibility and subscription entitlement, identify the cause of this issue, and help me restore access to Antigravity IDE?

My details are provided below:

  • Product: Google Antigravity IDE
  • Operating System: macOS
  • Subscription: Google AI Pro (active)
  • Account type: Personal Gmail account
  • Issue: Account eligibility error during sign-in
  • Previous access: Worked successfully with the same account

I can provide screenshots of the error message and any additional information required to help resolve this issue.

I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,
Cherukuri Venkatesh

I am also noticed this issue when I tried to login today.

Hi @Cherukuri_venkatesh and @Waqar_Ahmad,

Welcome to the Forum.

To resolve , please try the following workaround :

  1. Update to the Latest Version & Complete Verification via Antigravity 2.0 (v2.18.1) or Antigravity CLI (Changelog):

    • Update to the latest standalone Antigravity 2.0 (v2.18.1) app (or Antigravity CLI) from antigravity.google/download and sign in with the same personal Gmail account.
    • Start a conversation or send a short prompt/message in Antigravity 2.0 or the CLI—this step is important because it actively triggers the required account verification / QR code prompt.
    • Complete the verification on your phone (if SMS verification gets stuck, open the verification link on a phone/tablet already signed into your Google account and select Device check / Google Prompt).
  2. Reset Onboarding & Sign Back Into Antigravity IDE:

    • Once verified, make sure Antigravity IDE is updated to the latest version, open the Command Palette (Cmd+Shift+P on macOS or Ctrl+Shift+P on Windows), and run Antigravity: Reset Onboarding to clear the cached error state.
    • Select Sign in with the same Google account.
  3. Check Security Alerts & Age Verification (Official FAQ):

Please let us know if this restores your access in the IDE.