URGENT – AI Studio app source code disappeared / request for backend snapshot recovery

Hello Google AI Studio team,

I need urgent help recovering an important Google AI Studio Build application.

App name:
OrderAssist – Warranty & AMC Manager

Applet ID:
590ae1a0-7cb5-451f-8a69-927b2668d83f

The application was previously a working prototype with substantial source code. It suddenly became stuck on “Application is loading.”

I investigated the project without intentionally deleting or modifying the application.

Current situation:

  1. The AI Studio project/app still exists and can be opened.

  2. The file explorer still shows the project structure.

  3. App.tsx is now only the default 9-line component:

export default function App() {
return

;
}

  1. Other source files initially returned “Failed to download file.”

  2. I started a new chat, as recommended for AI Studio workspace issues. The new chat can read some files.

  3. A recursive read-only inspection confirmed that /src contains only:

    • App.tsx

    • index.css

    • main.tsx

There are no additional components, assets, source directories, or hidden application files.

  1. I exported the project as a ZIP. The ZIP also contains only the minimal/default project and does NOT contain the original application source.

  2. There is no Version History available in the project UI.

  3. The original AI Studio chat history/prompts are no longer available.

  4. I also checked Google Drive, and the original project files are not present there.

I am NOT asking Google to recreate the application.

I am asking the AI Studio engineering team to investigate whether an earlier backend snapshot, revision, project state, workspace state, or persistent source representation still exists for this Applet ID.

Please specifically check whether the previous source tree can be recovered from backend storage, snapshots, revisions, or any retained AI Studio project state.

Please DO NOT overwrite, reset, remix, delete, or recreate this app while investigating it.

I have preserved the currently exported ZIP as evidence of the current state.

This is important application source code that was present before the incident, and I would greatly appreciate an engineering-level investigation into whether the previous project state can be restored.

Thank you.

You can find your version history by activating the “Settings” button. Once the settings panel opens, activact the “Versions” button. You can use “versions” to rollback your app back to its original functioning state.

Be aware; your workspace is intended for prototyping your app, not as long term storage. For the best results, either push your code for safekeeping, or ask Google AI Studio to implement a temperary download button via your app itself to enable you to download your source code files.

Be aware; having a backup is very important. Also, having your backup is handy. This is key to get your workspace repopulated.

If you experienced a problem… and your code files has been lost:

What are the steps to reproduce a problem?

Did you wait for the DOM to fully load for a while?

Is your Dev server experiencing disk chern? Well, I got this experience last time!

If you use GitHub:
Ask Gemini to create a repository, if you already use GitHub to set your code aside for safekeeping.

If you are NOT a GitHub user for some reason; you can have a local backup of your code.