Request for review — Gemini API project restricted with HTTP 403

Hello Google Gemini API Team,

I am requesting a review of my Gemini API project because API access is currently restricted.

Project name: Bibliometrics alnie
Project ID: gen-lang-client-0671784243

Google AI Studio currently shows:

Billing Tier: Unavailable
Status: Restricted

It displays the message:

“This Project’s API access is restricted. Please set up billing to continue.”

When Bibliometrix/Biblioshiny 5.5.0 attempts to use the Gemini API, I receive:

HTTP 403: Your project has been denied access. Please contact support.

I have already:

  • enabled 2-Step Verification;
  • verified my phone number;
  • verified my Google account information;
  • created a new AI Studio project;
  • created a new API key;
  • tested Gemini 3.5 Flash Lite successfully in Google AI Studio Playground.

Gemini 3.5 Flash Lite works successfully in the AI Studio Playground, but API access from the project remains restricted.

My intended use is legitimate academic research and bibliometric analysis using Bibliometrix/Biblioshiny, with low-volume API usage.

I would like to use the Gemini API under the available Free Tier if eligible. Could you please review the restriction on my account/project and advise whether Free Tier API access can be restored?

I have not included my API key for security reasons.

Thank you.