Manual Review Request – Gemini API 403 PERMISSION_DENIED after Google Cloud Project Restoration

Hello,

I am requesting a manual review of a persistent Gemini API access restriction.

Project name: Default Gemini Project
Project ID: gen-lang-client-079131367..

Background:

  • This Google Cloud project was previously suspended/restricted.
  • Google Cloud reviewed the project and officially restored it.
  • The project is currently accessible normally in Google Cloud Console.
  • There is no suspension, restriction, appeal, or action-required warning displayed in the Google Cloud Console.
  • I can access Google AI Studio and create Gemini API keys.

However, Gemini API requests continue to fail with:

403 PERMISSION_DENIED
“Your project has been denied access. Please contact support.”

The restriction has continued even after the Google Cloud project was restored.

I have already contacted Google Cloud Compliance regarding this issue multiple times:

  • Initial manual review request: September 26, 2026
  • Follow-up: October 1, 2026
  • Additional escalation request: October 2026

I have not received a response regarding the remaining Gemini API restriction.

I also checked this issue using Gemini Cloud Assist. The Cloud project itself appears to be active, while a Gemini API-specific access restriction or stale Trust & Safety / abuse-prevention flag may still remain.

I have also verified the Google Account requirements:

  • Age verification: completed
  • 2-Step Verification: enabled
  • Phone number: registered

Therefore, I would appreciate a manual review of the Gemini API access status for this project.

Could a Google/Gemini team member please check:

  1. Whether project gen-lang-client-079131367.. currently has a Gemini API-specific restriction or flag.
  2. Whether a stale restriction remains after the Google Cloud project restoration.
  3. Whether the Gemini API access status can be manually synchronized/reviewed and restored.
  4. If another team handles this restriction, please route or escalate this case to the appropriate Trust & Safety / Gemini API team.

I am not requesting a workaround using a new project or new API key. I would like the existing restored project to be reviewed first.

I can provide additional information privately if required.

Thank you.