Google AI Studio Starter Tier is not available for my account

Hello,

I am trying to publish a full-stack app created with Google AI Studio Build mode.

I would like to use the Google Cloud Starter Tier without setting up billing.

However, when I click “Publish”, I only see:

  • Default Gemini Project
  • No billing setup
  • Set up billing
  • Refresh

There is no Starter Tier project available in the project selection.

I have already tried:

  • Refreshing the Publish page
  • Logging out and signing in again
  • Checking the project selection
  • Sharing the app publicly

The app has not been published yet.

I do not want to set up billing, and I cannot use GitHub as an alternative.

Could you please check whether my account is eligible for the Google Cloud Starter Tier and, if so, provision/enable the Starter Tier deployment option for my account?

I would like to publish my existing Google AI Studio Build mode app using the free Starter Tier.

Thank you.

Hello @akikuroro ,

Welcome to the community! I’m not sure if this will help, but I think it’s worth trying:

  1. In your current app, click Share in the top right, set it so anyone with the link can view, and copy the link.
  2. Log into AI Studio in a private/incognito window using a fresh, personal @gmail.com account..
  3. Open your shared link and click Remix (or Make a Copy) to clone the entire project over.
  4. Hit Publish on the new account.

I hope that helps!

-TechRay

Hello @akikuroro,

Not all accounts are eligible for The Starter Tier. Please check out the caveats mentioned in the Google AI Studio deployment documentation. Eligibility is determined automatically, and we cannot review Starter Tier access manually.

You might want to consider linking a Cloud Billing account to your project.