Hello,
I am having an issue with Google AI Studio and the Gemini API.
When I open Google AI Studio, I am redirected to the “Available Regions” page. If I try to open the API Keys page directly, I am redirected to the same page.
Before this happened, AI Studio also showed the following error:
Failed to list models: permission denied
I have already checked the following:
- I am using a personal Gmail account.
- I am over 18 years old.
- My age verification has been completed.
- I am located in Italy, which is a supported region.
- I am not using a VPN or proxy.
- I am the Owner of the Google Cloud project.
- The Gemini API is enabled for the project.
- I have already tried a different browser/incognito mode.
- Cookies and the browser session have been ruled out.
- The problem persists when accessing the API Keys page directly.
The project itself is accessible from Google Cloud Console, and my account has Owner permissions.
However, Google AI Studio still redirects me to:
Available Regions
and I cannot access the API Keys page or list the available Gemini models.
Could someone please check whether this is an account-level eligibility/authorization issue or a current Google AI Studio problem?
I would prefer not to create additional projects or change IAM permissions unnecessarily, since the current project appears to be correctly configured.
Thank you.