Google AI Studio custom .ai.studio URL is accepted but publishing always generates a run.app URL

Hello Google AI Studio team,

I am experiencing an issue with publishing my Google AI Studio app.

App name: TOPPY TECH SOLUTIONS

I want to publish the app at:

<https/toppytech.ai.studio>

In Google AI Studio’s Publish screen, the custom URL field accepts:

toppy-tech

and displays:

.ai.studio

The URL appears valid and the Publish your app button is available.

However, after I click Publish your app, the deployment succeeds but AI Studio still gives me this URL:

<https/toppy-tech-849171367759.asia-southeast1.run.app>

I have tried publishing multiple times with the same result.

I also checked Google Cloud Console. The Cloud Run service is shown as:

toppy-tech

and it explicitly says “Deployed from AI Studio.”

Therefore, I believe the Cloud Run deployment itself is working, but the custom .ai.studio URL is not being assigned to the deployment.

Expected:

<https/toppy-tech.ai.studio>

Actual:

<https/toppy-tech-849171367759.asia-southeast1.run.app>

Could you please check whether the custom URL assignment for my AI Studio app is failing or whether there is a stale deployment/domain mapping associated with the app?

I can provide my App ID, Google Cloud project ID, screenshots, and any other information required privately.

Thank you.

Hi @madhu_sandeep,
Could you please share screenshots and applet id for us to take a look?

Hi Payal,
Thank you for looking into this.
Applet ID: 61eed3de-4b60-4c18-8930-b2624a3446..
App name: TOPPY TECH SOLUTIONS
Requested URL: toppy-tech.ai.studio
Actual published URL: toppy-tech-849171367759.asia-southeast1.run.app
I have attached screenshots showing that AI Studio accepts toppy-tech as the custom .ai.studio URL, but after publishing, it still gives me the [run.app] URL. I have tried republishing multiple times and the same behavior occurs.
The Cloud Run service also shows “Deployed from AI Studio.”
Please let me know if you need any additional information.
Thank you!

Hi @madhu_sandeep,
We are not able to reproduce this issue at our end. Can you please:

  1. See if there are any domain mappings in the linked GCP project? https://console.cloud.google.com/run/domains?project=<AIS_APP’s_GCP_PROJECT_ID>
  2. Try creating a remixed applet and publishing it?