AI Studio Starter Tier unavailable — publishing requires billing

Google AI Studio Starter Tier publishing is not available for my account.

I am trying to publish my full-stack web app “Mi Diario Metabólico” from Google AI Studio.

My Google Cloud project is:
gen-lang-client-077066****

The project shown in AI Studio is:
Default Gemini Project

I have not published any apps yet.

When I click Publish, AI Studio shows:

“Default Gemini Project”
“No billing setup”

and only offers:
“Set up billing”
“Refresh”

I do NOT want to enable Google Cloud Billing or add a payment method.

According to the current Google AI Studio documentation, the Google Cloud Starter Tier allows eligible users to publish up to 2 full-stack applications without setting up a Google Cloud project or billing account.

Please check why Starter Tier publishing is not being provisioned/enabled for my account and tell me what is required to make the Starter Tier available.

I am not asking to enable paid billing. I want to use the free Starter Tier publishing option.

Hello Google AI Studio team,

I am trying to publish my full-stack application, OVRION, from Google AI Studio Build Mode using the free Google Cloud Starter Tier.

The application is completed and working correctly.

When I click:

Publish → Get Started

the Publish dialog only shows:

Default Gemini Project

No billing setup

Set up billing

Refresh

I have refreshed the page, but the Starter Tier publishing option does not appear.

I do not want to enable Cloud Billing or add a payment method.

According to the current Google AI Studio documentation, eligible users can publish up to two full-stack applications using the Google Cloud Starter Tier without setting up a billing account.

Could you please check whether my account is eligible for the Starter Tier and whether the Starter Tier deployment option needs to be provisioned for my account/project?

I would appreciate help identifying why the free publishing option is not appearing.

I can provide screenshots of the Publish dialog if needed.

Thank you.

Hello,

Not all accounts are eligible for The Starter Tier. Please check out the caveats mentioned in the Google AI Studio deployment documentation. Eligibility is determined automatically, and we cannot review Starter Tier access manually.

You might want to consider linking a Cloud Billing account to your project.