Google Cloud project suspended and Gemini API access restricted – appeal unanswered

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction with an issue on my Gemini API project.

My Google Cloud project gen-lang-client-014374... was suspended on April 20, 2026 for policy violations. The email did not tell me what specific activity caused the suspension, and I searched my Gmail, including spam/trash, but I couldn’t find any earlier warning. I honestly don’t know what triggered it and I never intentionally tried to violate Google Cloud or Gemini API policies.

I submitted an appeal around two weeks ago but I haven’t received any response or update.

In Google AI Studio I currently see:

  • “Project quota tier unavailable”
  • “This Project’s API access is restricted”

I also recently subscribed to Google AI Pro and only then realized that this old Cloud restriction was still active. I understand that AI Pro and Cloud/API billing are separate; I’m only mentioning this to explain how I discovered the issue.

If an API key was exposed, misconfigured, or something on my project caused a problem, I’m completely willing to rotate keys, tighten quotas, remove anything necessary, and secure the project.

I’m mainly looking for help confirming whether my appeal is actually being reviewed and, if possible, understanding what activity triggered the restriction so I can fix it properly.

I’d really appreciate any guidance or a manual review if someone from the Google team is able to take a look.

Thank you.

Hi

I have DM’ed you for more details