Gemini API returns 403 PERMISSION_DENIED on generateContent while models.list returns 200

Hello Gemini API Team,

I am requesting a review of Gemini API access for my Google Cloud project.

Project:
Default Gemini Project

Project ID:
gen-lang-client-06037746..

Account:
Google Workspace business account

Billing:
Free Tier — no billing account attached

Use case:
Low-volume internal business automation for the OTDR-Raiz training system.
The application uses Google Apps Script to receive WhatsApp messages and analyze
payment-proof images and PDF documents.

The project works normally in Google AI Studio.

The API key is stored securely in Google Apps Script Script Properties as
GEMINI_API_KEY and is not included in this post.

Security checks completed:

  • Phone number verified
  • Date of birth registered
  • 2-Step Verification enabled

Tests performed from Google Apps Script:

  1. GET /v1beta/models

Result:
HTTP 200

The API successfully returns the available models.

  1. POST generateContent

Endpoint:

https://generativelanguage.googleapis.com/v1beta/models/gemini-2.5-flash-lite:generateContent

Authentication:
x-goog-api-key

A text-only request:
“Responda apenas: TESTE OK”

returns:

HTTP 403
PERMISSION_DENIED

“Your project has been denied access. Please contact support.”

The same 403 occurred with:
gemini-3.1-flash-lite

Therefore, this does not appear to be related to image processing or a specific model.

The project can list models successfully, but generateContent is denied.

I am requesting a review of the access status of project
gen-lang-client-06037746.. and clarification of why generateContent is blocked.

I would like to remain on the Free Tier and I am not requesting a billing upgrade.

Thank you.