Gemini API regional restriction despite server being located in Germany

Hello,

I’m unable to access the Gemini API. Requests return HTTP 400 with the following error:

“User location is not supported for the API use.”
Status: FAILED_PRECONDITION

This also occurs with a simple GET request to:

https://generativelanguage.googleapis.com/v1beta/models

Details:

  • The requests originate from a self-hosted n8n instance on a server in Frankfurt, Germany.

  • IPinfo identifies this IP as being in Germany, which is listed as a supported region.

  • I have tested API keys from two Google Cloud projects, and both return the same regional error.

  • Google AI Studio redirects me to the available-regions page. I also encountered “Failed to list imported projects: permission denied.”

  • Google Cloud Console remains accessible.

Could you please investigate whether this restriction is related to my account, project eligibility, or Google’s geolocation of the server IP? Please let me know what steps are needed to restore access and what additional information you require.

Thank you.

Hello @shirokov_ea ,

To help us investigate further, please share the details using this form: Gemini API & Google AI Studio Location Issue Report