Gemini API Project Quota Tier Unavailable – Request for Free Tier Access Review

Hello Google AI Developers Team,

I am developing a university Final Year Project (FYP) called CodeSight, a VS Code extension for Python code analysis.

I created a project named CodeSight in Google AI Studio and generated a Gemini API key for this project. I am using the Gemini API through a Python FastAPI backend for educational and development purposes.

However, I am unable to make Gemini API requests. The API returns the following error:

403 PERMISSION_DENIED: Your project has been denied access.

In Google AI Studio, my project shows:

“This Project’s API access is restricted. Please set up billing to continue.”

The billing section shows Free Tier, but the project quota information shows:

“Project quota tier unavailable. Please contact your project administrator for assistance.”

I have already completed the following:

  • Phone number verification – Completed
  • 2-Step Verification (2SV) – Enabled
  • Age verification – Completed
  • Google AI Studio project – Created and visible
  • Gemini API key – Created

I would like to use the Free Tier for my university FYP, if my project/account is eligible. This is an educational project and I am currently using the API only for development and testing.

Could you please review my project and explain why the quota tier is unavailable and why API access is restricted? If possible, please restore Free Tier API access to my project.

I can provide additional project information if required.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
CodeSight FYP Student