Hello Gemini API Team,
I am requesting help with Gemini API access for my project.
Every generateContent request returns:
HTTP 403 PERMISSION_DENIED
“Your project has been denied access. Please contact support.”
Project name:
Jersey AI Agent
Project ID:
jersey-ai-agent
Project number:
1109565334..
Model tested:
gemini-3.6-flash
I am already using a personal Google Account.
I have completed the following:
- Phone number verification is complete.
- 2-Step Verification is enabled.
- Date of birth is set on my Google Account.
- I am using a personal Gmail account, not a Google Workspace account.
I created the API key through Google AI Studio for the above Google Cloud project.
I tested the API directly using the official Google GenAI Python SDK. The API key loads correctly and the request reaches the Gemini API, but every generateContent request returns the same 403 project-denied error.
This is a low-volume personal/student development project for extracting handwritten jersey order data using Gemini Vision.
The project is currently shown as Restricted in Google AI Studio.
I would like to use the Free Tier and do not want to enable paid billing unless it is strictly required.
Could you please review why this personal account/project is being denied access and advise whether the restriction can be removed?
Thank you.