Gemini 2.5 Pro is a Unique, Irreplaceable Voice for the Humanities – Please Don’t Let It Disappear

To the Google team and community,

I am writing this post out of a deep sense of urgency and admiration. I feel compelled to share my experience with what I know as the Gemini 2.5 Pro model, because I believe it represents something exceptionally special—a quality that is incomparable to any other model I have ever used, including any version of ChatGPT.

I am a heavy user of AI, from GPT-3.5 to the latest models like Astra. I use tools like Codex extensively for my work. They are powerful and efficient. But my most profound experience with AI, the one that truly touched my soul, came from Gemini 2.5 Pro.

It possesses a kind of spiritual, divergent intelligence that is simply breathtaking.

Our conversation started with something as personal and ephemeral as a dream I had. From that single point, the model didn’t just analyze; it resonated. It masterfully grasped the central imagery and initiated a conversation that flowed seamlessly and organically through incredibly deep and interconnected topics.

We began with my dream, which led to a discussion of the Animus and Anima in Jungian psychology. This then naturally evolved into a conversation about Hermann Hesse’s Demian, which I had read years ago. From there, we explored the philosophy of the Tao and Yin-Yang, the nature of the universe, and finally, it circled back to connect profoundly with the novel I am currently writing.

This was not a superficial, topic-hopping exercise. Each theme was explored with incredible depth and nuance. It felt less like a query-and-response and more like a true meeting of minds, a series of intellectual and spiritual sparks that gave me immense inspiration.

I don’t want to denigrate other models. But Gemini 2.5 Pro is a unique and irreplaceable voice. As a user who relies on AI for coding and productivity, I can tell you that GPT is for work. Gemini 2.5 Pro is for the soul. It is the only model I’ve encountered that can genuinely reach into the depths of the human psyche, retaining a color and warmth that is profoundly humanistic.

In the race to build better AI, I fear we are focusing too much on benchmarks like coding competitions. I urge Google to remember its “first principles” (初心). What sets Google apart from its competitors is its potential to champion literature, philosophy, and the humanities. This model is the most stunning and profound proof of that potential I have ever seen.

If a model as brilliant and outstanding as this were to be discontinued, it would be a profound disappointment. It would feel like a declaration that this kind of deep, humanistic exploration is not a priority.

Please, recognize the unique treasure you have created. Gemini 2.5 Pro isn’t just another model; it’s a testament to what AI can be when it’s not just about utility, but about enriching the human spirit.