Context: I use the Gemini app many hours a day as a student preparing for a competitive exam. This request is about the Gemini app’s Memory (Personal context, Saved info, Personal Intelligence), not the API.
Gemini already has Memory, Saved info, Instructions for Gemini, and connected apps. I appreciate that. But for heavy users (100-200+ chats) it becomes hard to trust.
PROBLEMS
- I cannot see which memory Gemini will use before it answers.
- Important rules (my learning style, my level in Maths, my Do’s and Don’ts) get lost in a long history, and answers become generic again.
- I cannot review, edit or pin individual memories. Control is mostly on/off.
- Memory looks like one pool. Study rules, personal life and connected-app context (Gmail, Photos) can crowd each other, and unrelated context sometimes appears where it does not belong. I have seen other users and press reviews describe similar experiences.
REQUEST
- Memory Manager: every memory as a separate item I can edit, delete or pin.
- Pinned priority memories that never get lost.
- Topic/project-wise memory (Maths, English, Work), so only relevant memory is used.
- Source control: choose which sources (past chats, Gmail, Photos) feed which topic.
- A “Memory used” note under each answer, with a quick way to correct it.
- Relevance-based recall: use only what fits the current question.
- Memory that updates when corrected, instead of piling up old versions.
EXAMPLE
If I tell Gemini once “I am weak in Geometry, I like short tricks, and I want my errors tracked”, every later Maths question should use that automatically, and nothing unrelated should appear.
If you have faced this too, please like the post and share one concrete example in the replies (what did Gemini forget, or what irrelevant thing did it bring up?). Real examples help the team more than opinions.