Hello,
I am experiencing a persistent “Quota exceeded. Please try again later.” error in Google AI Studio Build.
The issue appears to be specific to the AI Studio Build Agent rather than my application or normal Gemini API usage.
Account / project status:
- Google AI subscription: Google AI Pro
- Gemini API billing: Active
- Gemini API tier: Paid Tier 1
- Project: Default Gemini Project
- Project ID: gen-lang-client-06318914..
- Prepaid Gemini API balance is available
- AI Studio Rate Limit dashboard currently shows:
- Antigravity RPM: 0 / 30
- Antigravity TPM: 0 / 200K
- Antigravity RPD: 0 / 1K
- AI Studio Usage dashboard currently shows no API usage data.
What happens:
The Build Agent was previously working normally on my project.
It then started returning:
“Quota exceeded. Please try again later.”
I initially suspected that the issue might be related to my project size, conversation history, or the complexity of my coding requests.
I therefore performed a minimal test.
I opened a NEW Build chat and sent only:
“Do not modify any existing files. Just reply with ‘Test successful’.”
Even this minimal request returned:
“Quota exceeded. Please try again later.”
So the issue occurs even without asking the agent to inspect, modify, build, or test the application.
Normal Gemini chat responses work.
The problem appears to occur specifically with the AI Studio Build Agent.
Could you please check whether there is a separate Build Agent quota, entitlement, or backend issue affecting my account/project?
In particular, I would appreciate confirmation of:
- Which exact quota is causing the “Quota exceeded” error.
- Whether AI Studio Build has a separate quota from the published Gemini API RPM/TPM/RPD limits.
- Whether my Paid Tier 1 entitlement is correctly applied to AI Studio Build.
- Whether there is any account, project, or Build Agent state preventing execution.
- Whether this is a known current issue with the Build Agent.
I can provide screenshots, App ID, Project ID, or other diagnostic information if required.
Thank you.