Hi Google AI support team and community moderators,
I am writing to request a manual review of my account and project because my Gemini API free tier access has been incorrectly restricted.
Whenever I create a new project and attempt to use Google AI Studio or the Generative Language API, I immediately receive the following error:
“Project quota tier unavailable. Please contact your project administrator for assistance. This Project’s API access is restricted. Please set up billing to continue.”
Project Name / ID: gemini-free-testing
Here are the troubleshooting steps I have already taken:
- Created a completely new project to avoid legacy or default project issues.
- Verified that the Generative Language API (googleapis.com) is enabled and active in the Google Cloud Console.
- Confirmed that 2-Step Verification and my account verifications are fully set up.
Despite this, every fresh project triggers the same billing restriction error instantly, even though I only intend to use the standard free tier limits for development and testing.
Could an administrator please check my project or account status to lift this flag? Thank you for your time and assistance.
Let me know if you need to adjust any details like your Project ID or account specifics before posting this on the forum.