Project randomly breaking/changing without any user action — Issue #566241640

Title: Project randomly breaking/changing without any user action — AI Studio (Build/App) — Issue #566241640

Hi everyone,

I’m building a real small business app in Google AI Studio (Build/App mode), project “VOLXEN-TEST”, and I’ve run into a serious reliability problem that’s now happening repeatedly, not just once.

What’s happening:

- A background task got stuck a few days ago, with the restore/versions feature returning “Cannot restore while another action is in progress.”

- I asked the in-app assistant to stop background tasks, and it confirmed everything was stopped.

- Since then, the project has broken or changed on its own multiple times — including overnight, with zero prompts or actions from me. The app icon changed by itself, and the app reverted to a broken state at least twice without me touching anything.

It looks like an old queued task (from before it was supposedly “stopped”) may still be executing intermittently in the background and silently reapplying unwanted changes.

I’ve already filed a formal report: Issue Tracker #566241640 (component: Vertex AI Studio), but it’s still marked “New” with no assignee after over a day.

Has anyone else experienced a project changing/breaking on its own, without any new prompt? Any idea how to fully kill a stuck/queued task so it can’t resume later? Any guidance from the AI Studio team would be really appreciated — this is a real project for an active business, not a test.

Thanks in advance.