Hello,
I was building an app in AI studio. After the bot broke things repeatedly I cursed at it in frustration. Then I got the warning that my app was “suspended for abuse”. I did not realize I could hurt the bot’s feelings
there was also zero warning or would’ve not done it. Now my app is gone with no feedback or explanation whatsoever on recourse.
Can someone assist in restoring my app?
Please provide a URL to your app/game what you are developing, including a title, description (long description, no stubs), and purpose (with long description, not stubs). Without this information, I am aren’t able to help you.
Hello,
Thanks for the response!
URL: https://aistudio.google.com/apps/f99c301a-c858-4d01-bbc6-1b13b5258cb3?showAssistant=true&project=gen-lang-client-0170153631&showPreview=true
Title: AMC Discount Movie Showtimes
Description: Don’t recall and don’t have access to the app to see (that’s the problem)
Purpose: simple app for personal use to see nearby movie times for my local AMC theaters in a customized layout
Let me know what else you need. Thanks!
As you know:
AMC is a brand name. This is why your app has been suspended. This is one example of how NOT to use Google AI Studio.
Please read these articles below:
[FAQ] Does the Google AI Studio Abuse Mitigation Policy Violate The Rights Of Developers?
Many developers are upset because, they were building apps, and they are not aware of policies what Google AI Studio enforce. What I’ve just look at; your URL has rung up a “404” error page. What you’ve just lacked, is your app ID for ease of identification.
[FAQ] What Should I Title My App/Game Via Google AI Studio?
Your app/game must have a unique title. What I’ve just stumbled upon, you were been using the company AMC’s brand for some insane reason. Most likely your app might be flagged by them, but I am not sure. You need to properly title your app what you can think up. You should avoid this shortcut because, that is not a good idea.
[FAQ] What Should I Make Via AI Studio… An App Or A Game?
When you make an app/game, you need to create interesting and unique content. Don’t duplicate other companies’ apps! Use your imagination as you create apps. This is key to be creative.
Creating an app/game requires you to:
- Think it up - you need to think it up by typing it up on your computer’s notepad, or word editing program. It takes time to plan out an app/game.
- Design, you need to design your app, not for vanity, but pure function. Always develop the UI that is meaningful. Avoid using shortcuts that are not necessary. Focus on user-friendly layouts that are meaningful, and accessible.
- When sending prompts via Gemini, use prompt engineering wisely, don’t put all of the eggs in just one basket. Have a modular system.
- Computer science is key! Avoid pseudoscience because, pseudoscience can cause your app/game not to work correctly.
- Revise often, but not too much (if you are on a free tier), conserve quota.
- If your app/game is ready for distribution, choose platforms wisely.
[FAQ] Why Should I Have A Backup Copy Of My App/Game And Where To Store It?
Having a backup is very important! Why have a backup because of the following:
- Dev server crashes - This is a nightmare what I’ve experienced as I was building my game during the time. So, I used GitHub to store my code as a vault for safekeeping.
- If my workspace resets - This is common for me because, I need to load my workspace, and continue developing my game as a way to build my game slowly.
- Useful when I need to switch dev servers, if needs should arise!
- Even a local backup is useful, if using GitHub isn’t a thing.
- Don’t count on using a workspace as a long term storage, instead; treat it as a tool for developing/prototyping apps/games.
When you make apps, you need to create interesting and unique works what you can think of.