Google AI Studio Publish Fails: CreateDomainMapping Runs Before CreateService with Empty ROUTE

I am experiencing a persistent Google AI Studio publishing failure in project:

Project ID:
studio-763845891-d…

For approximately 4 days, every attempt to publish the application fails with:

“Failed to create Cloud Run service: Precondition check failed.”

I investigated the Google Cloud Audit Logs and found a reproducible infrastructure-level failure.

The failing operation is:

google.cloud.run.v1.DomainMappings.CreateDomainMapping

Example:

Domain:
biztrix-ai-24.ai.studio

Region:
us-west1

Exact Cloud Run Audit Log error:

“Resource ‘’ of kind ‘ROUTE’ in region ‘us-west1’ in project ‘studio-763845891-d07da’ does not exist.”

The actual CreateDomainMapping request contains:

“domainMapping”: {
“kind”: “DomainMapping”,
“spec”: {},
“metadata”: {
“name”: “biztrix-ai-24.ai.studio”,
“labels”: {
“managed-by”: “google-ai-studio”
}
}
}

The request also contains:

“dryRun”: “all”

The Cloud Run resource labels in the audit log are empty:

revision_name: “”
configuration_name: “”
service_name: “”

I also searched Cloud Logging for:

protoPayload.methodName:“google.cloud.run.v2.Services.CreateService”

and there are no corresponding CreateService errors or successful CreateService operations associated with these failed publishing attempts.

This means the AI Studio managed publishing workflow appears to be attempting CreateDomainMapping before a target Cloud Run service/route has been created or resolved.

I also confirmed through Cloud Assist that there is no user-created Cloud Run service named “biztrix-ai-24” in us-west1.

The existing Cloud Run services are unrelated existing services.

Important:
I do NOT believe the correct remediation is to manually create a Cloud Run service named “biztrix-ai-24” or manually map biztrix-ai-24.ai.studio to another existing service.

The publishing URL is being generated and managed by Google AI Studio.

The observed sequence appears to be:

Expected:
CreateService
→ service/route becomes available
→ CreateDomainMapping

Observed:
CreateDomainMapping (dryRun=all)
→ spec={}
→ empty ROUTE target
→ “Resource ‘’ of kind ‘ROUTE’ … does not exist”
→ “Precondition check failed”
→ CreateService never occurs

This behavior occurs repeatedly across AI Studio publishing attempts and is preventing the application from being published.

Please investigate whether there is an issue in the Google AI Studio managed publishing orchestration/domain-mapping workflow.

Specifically, please investigate why CreateDomainMapping is being invoked with an empty spec/route target before the corresponding Cloud Run service has been created or resolved.

Project:
studio-763845891-d07da

Region:
us-west1

Affected AI Studio domains observed:
biztrix-ai.ai.studio
biztrix-ai-24.ai.studio
biztrix-ai-26.ai.studio

No application code or Cloud Run resources have been manually modified to work around this issue.

I would appreciate confirmation whether this is a known AI Studio publishing infrastructure issue and whether the backend publishing/domain-mapping state can be repaired or reset.