Hello Google Gemini API Team,
I am experiencing a billing authorization issue with my Gemini API account.
Account details:
-
Project: richmanfirstchance
-
Billing tier: Tier 1 · Prepay
-
Initial payment: $20 on October 3, 2026
-
Current prepaid balance: $14.27
-
Project spend cap: Not configured
-
Billing account: Active, no warnings or suspension
Problem:
All API generation requests return HTTP 402:
“Your prepayment credits are depleted.”
I tested both Gemini TTS and gemini-3.8-flash text generation using the same API key. Both failed with the identical error.
I have confirmed that:
-
Both projects linked to my billing account show Tier 1 · Prepay.
-
The prepaid balance is positive.
-
API keys and project associations are correct.
-
No project spend cap has been configured.
-
No billing suspension or payment warnings are displayed.
This is an HTTP 402 billing error, not an HTTP 429 rate-limit error. The API usage dashboard shows historical 429 errors, but the current API response is HTTP 402.
Could the Google team investigate whether the prepaid balance is correctly synchronized with the API authorization system?
I can provide billing screenshots and exact request timestamps privately.
Thank you.