New prompt problem (unsaved prompts) new prompt but last prompt's answer

I was prompting with images existing in AI Studio or from my local device for unsaved prompt then I closed this prompt and I tried to make a new prompt with new image but the answer came from the last prompt’s answer, I couldn’t get the new answer for the new image prompt as error below

1 Like

Hi there!
Are you consistently seeing this issue? If so, could you clarify if you did something different from what’s listed below? I’m unable to replicate this issue (I’m seeing new / correct responses) and would love some more details to troubleshoot.

1. Open a new chat prompt with Gemini 1.5 Pro
  2. Add an image to the prompt with text “what is in the image?”
  3. Click on “create new” → “chat prompt” → (don’t save) with Gemini 1.5 Pro
  4. Add a different image to the prompt with text “what is in the image?”

Hi,
I found the error again with the same steps.

1. Open a new chat prompt (untitled and unsaved)with Gemini 1.5 Pro by selecting image from sample images

2. Prompt “What is in the image?” and correct response

3. Prompt “How many flowers in the image?” and correct response

4. Search in Google with “image of a many wastes” then selecting an image from images sheet and copying the image

5. Pasting image from Google serach to the existing untitled prompt and prompt “what is in the image?” and unfortunately false response of last response of last prompt

Great, thank you for the detailed steps! I was able to replicate it as well.
Looks like this is indeed a bug. We’ll take a deeper look internally at what’s happening.

2 Likes

Hi,
I followed the steps from the last step to first step and no error, no problem that means

1. open new untitled prompt
    2.search an image at Google serach and then copy paste the image
  2. prompt with the copied image and it’s ok
  3. new image selected from sample images
  4. new prompt with sample image as what is in the image and correct answer

Noted, thanks for sharing.

1 Like