Any solo developers successfully increased Gemini Live API quotas before launch?

Hi everyone,

I’m an individual developer in Japan building an iPhone app for real-time voice conversations with fictional AI characters.

My Gemini Live API prototype is working, and I’m planning a private test with around 30 users before a commercial launch. I’ll cover all API costs, with one active Live session per user.

I’ve read the quota documentation and related discussions, but haven’t found clear experiences from solo developers requesting increases before launch.

Has anyone here, without an incorporated company:

  • Successfully requested higher Live API quotas based on projected usage rather than existing production traffic?
  • Scaled to around 100 or more simultaneous voice conversations? If so, which model and usage tier did you use, and was TPM or a separate session limit the bottleneck?
  • Used the standard quota-increase form? What information did you provide, and how long did a response take?

Google Cloud’s Japanese sales channel told me they only handle corporate customers, so I’d especially appreciate firsthand experiences from individual developers—including unsuccessful applications or alternative routes that worked.

Thanks!