AI Studio app preview returns 503 and does not show latest code changes

Hello,

I am having a problem with the preview of my Google AI Studio app.

App ID:
669669be-8050-411d-b120-1aef179d5a3f

The app preview is not showing the latest changes I made to the code. It continues to display an older version of the app. When I refresh or rebuild the preview, it sometimes fails with a 503 error.

I also see the following errors in the browser console:

  • The WebSocket connection fails with an HTTP 502 error.
  • Some Google RPC requests fail with an HTTP 403 Forbidden error.
  • The preview sometimes returns an HTTP 503 error.
  • The _aistudio-iframe.js file appears to have a problem with its bootstrap connection.
  • Fetch and WebSocket requests sometimes remain pending or hang.

The preview can still display the older version of the app, so it is not completely blank or broken. However, the latest code changes are not being loaded.

I have tried the following:

  1. Reloading the preview.
  2. Reloading the complete AI Studio page.
  3. Opening the app in a new browser tab.
  4. Checking the Gemini API key in the AI Studio Secrets panel.
  5. Rebuilding the app and creating a new checkpoint.
  6. Clearing the browser session and testing again.
  7. Checking and patching the WebSocket URL, although the problem still remains.

The WebSocket URL shown in the error is already an absolute wss://ais-dev-... URL, so the problem does not appear to be caused by a relative WebSocket URL.

Could you please help me determine whether this is caused by:

  • a failed or stale preview build,
  • a checkpoint publication problem,
  • an authentication or permission issue,
  • or a problem with the AI Studio preview service?

I have attached a screenshot of the browser Developer Tools console showing the errors. I can provide additional screenshots or console logs if needed. No API keys or other private information are included.